Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Homework Assignment

We got our first preschool homework assignment today and my first question was, "Where are the directions?" It is a big paper snowflake that needs to be decorated... Those are the directions. For a normal person, that would probably suffice, but for a type A perfectionist, that is just not enough. I need directions, guidelines, parameters, something for me to read and reread to make sure I ( I mean we) complete my (I mean his) assignment correctly. Just to show the genetic link to my obsessiveness, my mom (who takes and picks him up from school) said to his teacher, "This is going to take 3 trips to Michael's to get this finished." His teacher so sweetly suggested that we can simply decorate right out of the pantry with macaroni, etc. I only wish it could be that simple... I'll be bringing supplies home from work tomorrow to decorate my (I mean his) snowflake. I'll post a picture of my (his) final product when it is finished.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your whole kitchen is decorated with items to use for your (his) snowflake lol

2009 the year of remission

Char said...

Oh my goodness Jackie, I'm laughing my *ss off!

I can't wait to the finished product!

Team Rhone said...

Spoken like a true mother!

Hayden and I just finished my (his) book report. Mark and I made a special trip to kinkos to have it spiral bound! (Something I'm sure he would have thought of on his own if only he knew the capabilities of a good Kinko's!!!)

Love to you all!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

WOW! I don't feel so crazy after I reading this! Tony walked by Bella & I in the kitchen as I (we) were putting together her family timeline for 1st grade. It was a flurry of glue sticks and photos. He looked at me and said "isn't SHE supposed to be doing that?" Hmmfffff. No dinner for him that night ha ha! Please know that you are NOT alone! After your New Years post, I realized we are very similar! Although I do LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter! (I even put it in my smoothies) But the wrapping paper shrine/room? I'd move right in!

Give hugs to all from me!

xoxo Diane from Rochester NY

David said...

dang... enough said.

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I can totally relate. I am actually reading your blog right now because I had to let Kyle complete his journal entry without my "help". Basically, he kicked me out when I told him that he has to write at least 7 sentences (even though the directions state he needs 5). Why not go above and beyond???

I can't wait to see the snowflake.

Mom 2 D and T said...

You are just tooo Funny! WTG! A girl after my own obsessive heart...I even Re-DO all of Mike's work projects!