Saturday, January 10, 2009

Still Tipifarnib Free

It's official, I really enjoy the time Bill is not on Tipifarnib (the harsh drug). In fact, I am dreading Monday when he is back on it. Although we didn't do much today (I am still not feeling well), it was so nice having him awake part of the day. It is a good thing I don't need a voice to blog - since I have a bad case of laryngitis. My main goal is to get better this weekend and get my voice to at least an audible level. It's hard to teach when you can't talk... I know I just opened myself up to a world of comments about the shock of me not talking...

Before I forget - If you look on the comments of "The Snowflake" you'll see my brother's post about the pine derby and how he was the only one to make the car by himself. Although a very sweet story, I have one that shows the same set of parents doing the exact opposite. I was in 3rd grade with Mrs. Jennings, and had a science project due. I remember standing in the kitchen while my dad completed the construction on the human heart project. I really had nothing to do, but stand there and watch him do my entire assignment. I can recall thinking as I stood there, "I wonder if I'll get in trouble if I ask if I can go watch TV..." I never was brave enough to ask. For quite a time after that, my mom asked me daily what grade my dad got on my science project. The irony is... if you compared our report cards, you'd think they would need to do Todd's homework, instead of mine. hahaha - just kidding, Todd!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got an "A"

Love You All

Dad
2009 the year of remission

Todd said...

Jackie,

Comparing report cards?

Given the facts, we need to look at a few things.

Questions...

#1. Who did YOUR homework?
#2. What was the result?
#3. Who did MY homework?
#4. What was the result?
#5. Who was the better student?

Answers...

#1. Your homework, well now, that is debatable. Although, I know you did a lot of it.
#2. You got mostly A's. You should be proud...? I think?
#3. Nobody did my homework, not even me!
#4. I got mostly C's, with some B's, an occasional A, and a D or 2 or something.

#5. That was my report card without even trying! That's awesome!! I got to spend more time on Baseball, BMX and Motocross.

Did you really think I would say I was a better student? No way!!!

Clearly, you were a much better student than me! You'll win that debate before we even start.

But I can still hit a fastball!

Not a Major League fastball, or probably even a High School fastball at this point, but who's keeping track?

Come on, I'm pushing 40!

Todd

PS...I love Dad adding '2009, the year of remission!' He said what we are all praying for.