Monday, January 19, 2009

Grateful for Cancer?!?

I am grateful for cancer. Not for the heartache, anger, or pain; but there is one thing about cancer being so prominent in our lives for which I am extremely grateful. It is the way it has brought people in our lives together. Both Bill and I have been so lucky to have family, both near and far, contact us, pray for us, and support us in so many ways. We have been so fortunate to connect with old friends, and make some new ones at the same time. I have learned that people are so very generous and come out of the woodwork willing to help when a crisis hits. So, I thank you cancer... I thank you for allowing us to clearly see the love and support that daily wraps its arms around the three of us.

2 comments:

daune abadie said...

We had fun with you and Tyler today. The girls are asking when he is coming over again? Makayla is obsessed with names and continuously asks me what Tyler's middle name is??? Kids! Ken and I enjoyed catching up with you and want you to know that our arms are ALWAYS open! Keep your faith and we'll see you soon.
D

Irene McGoldrick said...

It is good to be reminded of how fortunate we are even amidst unfortunate events.

Irene