Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Call from Nurse Rachel

I am having a hard time staying awake tonight, Tyler has been getting up in the middle of the night and is trying to shake a fever/cough combo... this will be a short one.

I have not been too candid that I don't love Bill's doctor. I also know that I don't have to love him, but I greatly respect his job and his knowledge of this disease. I do however, love our nurse, Rachel. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and compassionate. She called tonight to check on Bill and see if his fatigue was still in full force. After his confirmation, she gave some new directions for taking Tipifarnib... He is taking a another week-long break (woohoo!) and then a week from today he will go back on the medication, but only every other day, instead of every day. Hopefully this will be the magic formula, and he'll be able to have a life while taking the pills. The new goal is to die with cancer, NOT FROM CANCER...

1 comment:

Todd said...

Jackie,

Great goal, die 'with' cancer, not 'from' cancer.

I've never heard that before, very profound.

Todd