Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Ode on Mother's Day

To my beautiful Mom, on Mother's Day-

How blessed am I to have been born to such a wonderful mother. Everything I am, and all I have become, I owe to you. Your strength and wisdom guides me, your zest for life inspires me, and your kindness and grace warm me. I have never met another person like you, and know in my heart how incredibly honored I am to call you "mom" - you are one of a kind. I can only wish to have the light that you give, because you touch all around you with a kindred grace. I'm proud to be your daughter and could not have asked for more in a mother. I can only pray that I am able to be half of the mother you are. Thank you for everything you have done and continue to do for me and my family. I could not get through this without you.

I love you,
Jackie

2 comments:

Shauna said...

What a beautiful message. I have no doubt that Tyler will be able to write a similar post when he is an adult. Happy Mothers' Day!

Susan said...

I agree that every word you said about your Mom is true. Tyler is lucky to have you as his Mom.
Love,
Aunt Sue