Sunday, May 24, 2009

My New Toy

I finally bit the bullet and bought a new computer yesterday. It was a long time coming. Our old one was... well, old and slow. I have been searching and comparing prices for about three months now, so it felt good to finally make the purchase. (For the techies - I got an HP laptop.)

Yesterday was pretty uneventful on the cancer front. I think Bill was feeling better, but was afraid to come out and say it for fear of jinxing his luck. He had a few extremely painful days that were a wake-up call. It was the first time I have heard him say that he was "done", the pain was just too great. We had a long talk yesterday about the severity, and our next steps. Although I don't feel he is at this point, we had very difficult discussion about hospice and what they offer. It will really depend on the results of the scans next week. I know that the pain is excruciating, but having to watch him deal with this is so hard on my heart. I just want him to be comfortable, and right now he is far from it. I'll have to update more later... this is all too sad for me to handle at 4:00 in the afternoon... this is more of a 10pm topic when Tyler is asleep.

No comments: