Saturday, February 7, 2009

Two Steps Forward...

I hope I didn't celebrate too soon, but the past few days haven't been as "up" as the previous few weeks. I have a strong feeling being back on the meds is catching up to him. Bill is back sleeping most of the day and only getting up a few hours at a time. I actually meant to post last night, but I put Tyler to bed and decided to stay with Bill for awhile and ended up falling asleep... around 8:15! At some point in the ealry morning hours Tyler crawled into bed with us, I have no recollection of this, nor do I about Bill asking me if he should go downstairs and turn the lights/TV/computer off. Apparently I said yes. I was so tired and obviously needed some extra sleep. I think I got more sleep last night than I have in the past week combined. It was so nice!

Monday is the BIG appointment and although I am not nearly as nervous, the butterflies are creeping up on me. It seems cruel to have to go through this every two months; actually, cruel doesn't even begin to describe what this is... hell is more like it. Sometimes I have an out of body experience and think, "This can't be real. How are we getting through? Can we survive?" Then I stop myself, close my eyes, grit my teeth and run - If you are going through hell, never stop or slow down to analyze, just run until you get to the other side and can escape the heat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy that you guys have had some really fun times! Seems like things are turning around a little at a time. By the way, anyone playing 18 holes of golf deserves a really big nap!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for Monday. You guys are amazing!

NL said...

I am thinking of both of you and saying a little prayer just before I go to sleep, as I always do. It is a roller coaster, but I pray the dips aren't as deep and that the highs just keep getting higher. It may not seem it at times, but have faith that God is taking care of the entire Bartak family. Nancy

Anonymous said...

We are keeping our fingers crossed for Monday and praying every day...I can't believe how big Tyler has gotten and how much he looks like Bill...God Bless you all! Love Julie and Lenny

Anonymous said...

I've been with you in my thoughts and prayers and am crossing my fingers for today. All my love to you both! Tamie