Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's Back

The fluid is back and in full force! He is entering the extreme uncomfortable stage; and you can see and feel the difference in his abdomen. The last drainage was January 30th, so it's been just shy of three weeks. I highly doubt they will be able to get six liters again, but it's building up pretty quickly, and nothing at this point would surprise me. We are hoping he'll be able to get an appointment by the end of the week.

We had a really nice three-day weekend. If only every weekend were slightly extended... wouldn't it help the budget cuts to have a four-day school week? The education budget is pretty hairy right now, and many people are facing RIF notices. Although I feel pretty secure with twelve years under my belt, I have quite a few friends face to face with a pink slip. I hope and pray that the politicians have enough sense to keep the budget crisis as far away from the classroom as possible. Just because kids don't vote does not mean they shouldn't be considered. *Stepping off my soapbox now.*

1 comment:

David said...

jackie I am grateful you still have a teaching position, as I am grateful that I have a job one that I've been at it for almost 8 years I would consider myself safe for now. *knock on wood* I hope Bill gets the fluid out ASAP! I can't imagine how bad that would be for me!