Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another Great Weekend

We had an incredible weekend and I can honestly say that I don't want it to end. Since the stomach draining, the Tipifarnib reduction, and the new pain meds, Bill is a totally different person. I didn't realize how much I missed him until he became "human" again and ventured into the world with us. It's a weird feeling to miss someone who is asleep upstairs. He even looks like a new person! We have both had a realization that quality of life weighs far more than any medication out there. The selfish part of me wants BOTH the medication and the new "Old Bill", but I know deep down he is trying to get me to see that it may not happen that way. We are truly living each day for what it is... a gift.

Bill goes for his scans tomorrow and then in a week we head to the City of Hope for the results. If it stays the same or shrinks, he gets to stay on the trial. They cannot reduce the drugs any further or he has to stop the trial completely. Again, we pray this formula works its magic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of your strength and your faith. I pray to never be in your shoes, but someday have your faith in the eye of the storm. Your grateful words are an inspiration.