Monday, February 9, 2009

Good News!

Woohoo! I am more than pleased to report that the tumor has not grown! Although the doctor said it didn't shrink; it is great news that it stayed the same. He is staying on the trial for another round (2 months) and hopefully will have as much energy this go-round.

I am the resident caregiver/paper pusher/record keeper/organizer... etc. for our household. I keep track of his meds and the log we have to keep for the trial. I think they referred to me as the "spy" today. Bill's job is strictly to be the patient. I have been extremely preoccupied trying to fill out paperwork to get Bill's short-term disability insurance switched over to long-term disability. I have answered every question imaginable, in short of "What's your favorite color?" Thank goodness for the Internet... I don't know how we survived without it. I also wonder how in the world people commit insurance fraud - it is a lot of work!! It was a full-time job to complete the recent batch.

We got additional paperwork today to get Bill a handicap placard. It is a long time coming and will make matters so much easier for him. There are times he doesn't want to go places because the walk from the parking lot is too daunting. Our Disneyland passes expire soon, so maybe we can break in the new placard before the month ends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both! That is good news! My prayers and thoughts continue to be there for you both.

Jenn

NL said...

Wonderful news!!!! Prayers are definitely being answered. I thought about you both all morning today and asked at lunch if anyone had heard any news. Boy, was I relieved to hear that Bill remains in the trial. The kids were wonderful; glad I could help! Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh what WONDERFUL news!!! We will continue to pray for only the good kinda news...Hope it keeps getting better and easier to make it thru this trial. You are both true insprirations to us all! Love you!
Julie and Lenny

Mom 2 D and T said...

Yeah! I am so happy this is a positive step!