Thursday, February 12, 2009

Roller Coasters

I have always had a thing for roller coasters. I think it's a requirement living so close to Disneyland. It is my secret love affair (along with the New York Times crossword puzzle). I love the excitement, the anxiousness, and the feeling of my stomach being left at the top of the hill. The rush of it all absolutely thrills me. There is a reason that it only lasts a minute or two... it's the extent of your adrenaline capabilities. That being said, I am ready to get off this roller coaster. I sometimes wonder if I have had all I can handle. This is one wild ride and it's not meant for the light-hearted. In fact, it's not meant for anyone with a heart... heavy, light, or otherwise.

Bill has slept the past few days, and I have a feeling it's the medication kicking in with full force. Even though he is only on it every other day, it seems to accumulate and wear him out. His stomach is slowly filling with fluid again, but luckily his doctor gave him a "prescription" to have it done every two weeks, or as needed. Just having the appointment available is comforting. We will NEVER let it get as full as the last time. Being proactive is definitely key!

No comments: