Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Freezing Cold!

I forgot to mention a few details of our appointment on Monday. First, I am kicking myself because I didn't notice if he lost weight since the last appointment. I have a good reason, though. We were in the "vitals" room and Bill got his temperature taken. Usually an easy task, however the thermometer he was using couldn't get a read. No problem, he was moved to another station with a new thermometer. That one took longer than usual to register and then it came up (converted) 94.3! No wonder he is freezing all the time... literally! I honestly have never heard of anyone (alive) who had such a low temp. The technician even took it twice to be sure, and then it was never mentioned again during our appointment. Lo and behold, Bill got a call on Tuesday to pick up a new prescription because he has a low Thyroid. That makes medication number eleven that he takes daily. For someone who is not a "pill popper", it is quite a bit. The new pain medicine (Oxycontin) is really working well, and he uses the Vicodin at night... combined with the synthetic marijuana, he goes to bed feeling NO pain... if you know what I mean. ;)

No comments: