Tuesday, February 3, 2009

18 Holes!

Golf was extremely successful and Bill played a full 18 holes! He was pretty proud of himself, but I really think that Joe and I were even prouder of him. Not the fact that he was able to play, but the fact that he wanted to play. Those are two very different scenarios.

I am not having as much anxiety about the scans on Monday. I think because it has been so amazing having him "around" (mentally speaking), that whatever Monday brings, these wonderful weeks can't be taken away from us.

Today was a great day - all around, in so many respects. Without going into too much unnecessary detail, other family members have been stressed about a totally unrelated topic. I just have to acknowledge how thankful I am that some of our prayers have, in fact, been answered. Not that I ever really doubted it, but I have a renewed faith in our justice system, and it is comforting to know that right and wrong still holds ground in our court system. If I could insert a sound effect here... it would be a sigh of relief! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here here, the justice system still works...

I agree 110%!!

It's great to know Bill is ready to play golf again.

Bill, how about a quick 9 holes in Brea? Like I said, I'm pretty wide open time-wise. I'm free, from about Saturday through Wednesday.

I haven't played in at least 3 years, so you should have an advantage.

Spring is coming, and it's golf season, how 'bout it?

Todd

NL said...

What a beautiful day for golf! Yes, there is a difference between wanting to and being able to. I am certain Bill has enjoyed these good times with his family and friends, too, and perhaps that is what is inspiring to seek more opportunities for fun times. He has certainly turned a corner and it is most certainly having a positive effect on his health, both mental and physical. I know you are cherishing these moments...they will be with you forever!
Nancy