Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Beast

Cancer SUCKS! It is everywhere and difficult to escape. Although I am currently in the first stage of living without cancer, the thought of it never truly goes away. Cancer is based on stages (I-IV) and I feel like I am currently Stage V. I am living a complicated stage of the "aftermath". No longer with cancer... but will never be without it. I will be forever touched by the valiant fight Bill (and so many others) endured. At the ripe age of 34 I feel I know FAR too many people whose lives have been affected by this disease.

Recently, a dear friend was told she will be yet another person added to the list of "cancer fighters". She is just beginning her battle and needs some extra prayers. I can't stop thinking about her and her young family. She is supported, loved, and strong... and will be cancer-free after this little bump in the road.

I refuse to live my life with anger for cancer.

I refuse to let it take over my thoughts.

I refuse to let it have POWER over me.

I refuse to hate it... hate is a strong emotion and cancer doesn't deserve any emotion.

Cancer, I refuse to let you control anything in my life.

Cancer SUCKS!

*Cancer SUCKS! is an actual organization that raises money for cancer research.*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Agree. Cancer SUCKS. That is why Lance came back to cycling. This is the new Nike commercial from Lance. Very touching.
http://www.livestrong.com/lance-armstrong/video/racing-against-cancer/a403da68-b219-4c7d-b923-70116efdb9cc/
LiveSTRONG

Anonymous said...

I've lost people I love to cancer as well. Too young to have to endure something so horrible, too old to have to endure something so horrible. So I agree, cancer sucks!!

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

It is easy to understand that cancer SUCKS!!! Anything beats cancer.