Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lake Tahoe

Lake Tahoe is beautiful and the weather is perfect! In fact, I would even admit that today was a little too cool for beach play. That didn't stop Tyler, though. It has been a fun trip and tomorrow we leave to go to Bill's aunt's house in French Gulch. It is a different "small town" way of life, and I am excited to go back. I know Tyler will love it too.

We opened the ashes today and left a little bit of Bill in the lake. It was harder than I expected... just sad. I suppose I never assumed it would be easy. I keep telling myself that it is not really him, it's simply remnants of a shell that held his heart, and a piece of mine.

I am currently reading an amazing book that I highly recommend for anyone (especially if you have encountered death anytime in the past.) It is called, Don't Let Death Ruin Your Life. The title sounds a little harsh, but ignore it, the book is a genius account of how to move on with your life while still keeping the memory of the deceased present. It is the ideal balance of both... so helpful to know that I can continue my life while living in the bliss of Bill's memory.

2 comments:

Tamie said...

I'm so glad you are having a great week and that you are fulfilling Bill's wishes as well. It sounds like an easy peaceful thing to do, but when I did it for a loved one it was extremely hard and a little disturbing. I didn't expect to be so affected, so I can only imagine how hard and sad it must have been for you. I saw the book you are reading while searching for the PERFECT book for your birthday. (I thought the title was a little harsh but intriguing) You know I'm always on the hunt for the perfect book for every occasion. I will surely have a list of "best summer reads" as soon as we get back to school:) I can't wait to see you when you get back. Enjoy the remainder of your vacation!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for continuing to keep us all updated on what is going on with you and Tyler, I am sure that your strength, love, and account of what you are going through has and will continue to help others in this horrible situation and you are right...CANCER SUCKS! We are happy that you were able to enjoy the lake and fulfill Bill's wishes. Thank you for the tip on the book, it is a definite buy! Much love and prayers for you and Tyler.

Julie and Lenny