Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One Week Down

Tomorrow is a week post-surgery, and I get my stitches out! Even though it was arthroscopic, I am pretty bruised where he went in. I have been managing really well and have had relatively little pain. I am sore, and can tell when I have done too much, but all in all, it's not really that bad. I definitely feel like I have one speed... and that speed is S L O W. That has been the hardest adjustment. Timing things has been a challenge since everything takes twice as long.

I can take the sling off at home, which is a nice relief. I always wear it out... for two reasons... 1) I have a serious fear of someone bumping into me, and 2) I think it's the universal sign that says, "Don't even think about accidentally bumping into me."

Tyler is quite anxious for me to be better. I wondered how he would take all of this, since his foundational knowledge for doctors, hospitals, surgeries, and "sick" is abundant... to say the least. My hypothesis was correct in assuming he does NOT like me being injured or in pain. He also wants to be carried/held once and awhile, which doesn't help the issue. He has handled the whole thing VERY well... all things considered.

I am SO glad I did the surgery!
(I was having some serious anxiety.) I can tell that my shoulder will once again be good as new. Even though it is tight and needs some strengthening, I feel reassured that it WILL stay in place.

No comments: