Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

It's Father's Day, and although we had a wonderful day... it's just not one of my favorite holidays. It starts at the beginning of June when all you see in the stores is Father's Day reminders, dad gifts, and an abundance of tee-shirts that refer to some sort of, "My dad is the best," mantra. There was time when I mulled over the adorable boys' clothing pieces proclaiming the utmost pride for a father. Those days are gone for us, and I can't even fathom going near those shirts in the store. I hate to admit it, but I am relieved Father's Day is (almost) over.

Luckily, this day does not bother Tyler one bit. He still says Mother's Day is his favorite holiday... but I think he might be a little biased. ;) He just assumes that Father's Day is when we celebrate Papa (Bill's dad)... and he is absolutely correct. Today is Papa's day, and he has earned it. From the bottom of my heart ~ THANK YOU, Joe, for all you do and all you are for my little boy. Tyler is so very lucky... and so am I.

5 comments:

Jenni Halley said...

We were in Walmart trying to find some dad things to put at the cemetery, something like World's Greatest Dad or whatever. Tye is really in to doing the asking, so when I said let's ask a worker, he walked right up to a lady and said Do you have dad things, like best dad? She said...I think we have some shirts. Tye just stared at her, and I said...we don't need a shirt, thanks.

Ugh!

Wendy said...

The Daddy Clothes get to me every time. This is officially my least favorite day of the year. Only 35 minutes til it is over in the midwest!

Jenn said...

I agree; glad it's over (almost) I am sick of looking at the shirts, the cards, the store ads, etc!!

Unknown said...

The photo says it all. Priceless!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love this picture of Tyler and Joe! I hope that the two of you are doing well, I was just thinking of Bill, you and Tyler and wanted to check in...Lenny says Hi also!

Julie