Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tyler

Mom... I just saw Dad outside your window and he waved to me... so I waved back. I thought you said we wouldn't get to see him again.

The things that come out of Tyler's mouth are amazing. I wonder if spirits often visit children (more than adults) because they don't doubt themselves or try to ignore what they have seen. I honestly didn't question him much, because I desperately want it to be true, and I want Tyler to "see" him every chance he gets.

I have started journaling all of the things Tyler says. Some are funny, some are touching, and some are sad... some are a combination of all three. Some seem sad, but I usually interperet as being thoughtful (and comical).

A few examples...

I miss Daddy...
Can a tall T-Rex eat Dad in heaven?
Where does Dad live when there aren't any clouds?
When do we get a new dad, and how long does it take?
The bee is dead?? Like our dad??

7 comments:

NL said...

I am certain Tyler saw Bill. After both my parents died, I saw them as clear as day all within a few weeks of their passing. I saw my mom at a dance recital for my daughter: I was in my seat and looked behind me to find my husband who had dropped me off to park the car. A few rows behind me, sitting in a seat, was my mom wearing her favorite lavender blouse and her hat (that she wore during chemo). By the time Ed got to his seat, she was gone.

As for my dad, I was driving and turning the corner in front of his town home in Santa Monica when I saw him in his car, wearing his favorite baseball cap, parked in front of his unit. Within seconds, en he pulled away heading west/south down towards the beach. I very nearly whipped a u-turn to follow him, but then God saw fit to send some traffic to block my way.

I am so glad Tyler and I got to see our loved ones again!

Anonymous said...

I am certain he saw him too! That is SO great and how wonderful that you are writing what he says down. I do believe that kids see spirits much easier than adults for exactly the reasons you wrote. And what a beautiful gift you give him by not doubting him like so many people would!

Your post, and NL's (Nancy, I think?), honestly made my day so thank you both.

Lori Buley

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

i very much so feel that spirits reveal themselves to children more because they're unbiased and more open to it. wow. this was really cool to read.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how awesome!!! I believe that he did see Bill, I am sure that he is around the two of you all the time. I think it wonderful that you are journaling all this for him to be able to see when he is older. Thanks again for the updates! love, Julie and Lenny

Tamie said...

He saw him, no doubt about it. Out of the mouth's of babes.....

Anonymous said...

What a great gift the journal will be when he's older, and to you as you write his comments!

My niece and nephew have seen my dad since his passing and were scared at first - but mom just let them know that PAPA was visiting and wanted to say hi. The fear evaporated and now they just say hi when they see him.

What a wonderful reminder of your love. Thank you for sharing!

chris bergman (amat)

Irene McGoldrick said...

Jackie,

Henry asked me once when I was going to get a new daddy. As if I could go down to the local grocery store and pick one up.

From the mouths of babes!

Keep listening-

Irene