Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Relief Pitcher

I find I really miss blogging about our lives. I don't have much to put into words, but somehow I manage to type once my fingers hit the keyboard. Having "nothing" to say always turns into a rant or rave of some sort...

Tyler is spending the night with Grandma and Papa and nothing is better than seeing your 4-year-old skip off to Grandma's car and happily wave good-bye. He is one lucky boy!

The hardest thing about single parenting is the "on" factor. You are ON all the time. Never getting a break starts to wear on a person. I have a little shadow next to me, on me, or staring at me every waking minute (that I am not working). I often joke that he would crawl back inside of me if given the opportunity, since he always wants to be soft and cozy. Granted, I wouldn't change it for anything... but a relief pitcher every so often is much appreciated. Having an adult dinner and not doing to the bedtime routine is a gift in itself.

I added two blogs that I read daily to the right side of the page. They are about children who actually live in the LA and Orange County areas. If you get a moment, please take a look. I know I have mentioned Carter's blog before, and some of you have found it from the blogs I watch, but just in case you haven't, the link is there. Maddie's blog is equally as moving, and I hope you will take the time to check them out.

No comments: