Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Our New Life

We are rather boring these days, and I must confess that I LOVE every minute of the boredom! School has started and we are now in the thick of things. I am really enjoying my new school and am so grateful the opportunity presented itself for me to move. A fresh start was just what the proverbial doctor ordered. Tyler loves his new class (same school) and we both could not be happier. I mean that sincerely, we are truly deeply content living our simple little life. Every once and awhile Tyler throws a huge tantrum (in public, of course) just to keep me on my toes. They serve as a "friendly" reminder that he is, in fact, four.

Tyler will be starting soccer sometime soon. I figured it has been awhile since he has picked me teeny-tiny flowers like those found on a field. I keep telling him we could go pick flowers for free, instead of signing up for soccer, which is clearly not free. He is not buying into it... so off to soccer we will go.

I am also looking for a golfing class/lesson for him. No offense to all the soccer players out there, but it is not a sport where he will make millions (leading to my retirement)... golf, on the other hand, can be played into his "senior" years. I'd be thrilled to drive a new Buick as I wear Nike, telling time on my Tag Heuer watch, while drinking Gatorade, talking on my AT&T phone, and shaving with a Gillette razor. I'd even be willing to change Tyler's name to some strong jungle animal. I hear Tiger is taken...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

:)

Love,
Calle and Brent

Mike and Kelly G said...

Jackie
Love it!!!! You could be a Nascar spokes person.
Love to you and Tyler

Tamie said...

You're back!! Been waiting for a new post! Love your sense of humor and you and Tyler too!!

Tamie said...

You're back!! Been waiting for a new post! Love your sense of humor and you and Tyler too!!

Anonymous said...

ethan makes fun of me everytime i go on the computer...... he knows exactly what im doing...... emails... bartak blog... fbook..... so excited you are still posting.......... love it and you two... miss you soooooooo much as you already know...... xoxoxo ...... audrey........

NL said...

HI Jackie,

Good to see your post...have been checking regularly. Routine, contentment, even boredom is good.

A child's set of golf clubs would look great under the Christmas tree!! :) Lots of golf courses have lessons for the young ones; you might even check out the local cities recreation departments. Happen to be watching the President's Cup today taking place in freezing San Francisco.

Miss you!! We need to get together at El Matador in Fullerton soon....my new favorite place in downtown. Great food, reasonable prices and the best staff!!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

HA HA! Love the whole outlook on the golfing...oh the things we will do for our children! Happy to see that things are going well and getting more normal for the two of you!
Much love,
Julie and Lenny