Monday, July 5, 2010

Memories

It has finally happened...

I knew the questions were coming, and the first few broke my heart, but as with anything, you get used to it. Tyler consistently asks questions like, "Where did I do that when Dad was here?" and "What did I say when Dad was here?"

I never expected his memory to recall the little things, but deep down inside I was hoping that he would have a vague recollection of Bill before he was sick. I am afraid that isn't going to happen. Recently he saw a picture of Bill in his healthy state and didn't recognize him. I hate the fact that he won't remember the dad that Bill truly was.

No one ever said that life was fair.

4 comments:

Amie said...

Oh Jackie. I am sure that has got to be just terrible to go through. Tyler WILL know what a great dad Bill was-because you and all your family and friends will help him to know it. I hope he finds random things from his memory to hold onto of his dad.

Mike and Kelly G said...

Amen Amie!!

Anonymous said...

Jackie...going through this part of life will make Tyler into the man he is to become. With all that I've read from your blog...you and Bill had set in stone a great road for him. Bless you all..your future is bright, after all, Bill is holding the light that will shine on you both. Jade

Eric Botkin said...

Jackie hoping to see u at camp widow.....let's plan to meet.
Hallie