Thursday, April 15, 2010

Today is National It's Not Fair Day

I'm having an "It's Not Fair" day. I know life isn't fair, and no one has ever told me differently. I have said to many a student, that if someone told you life was fair, they were telling you a pack of lies. Today was just one of those days... and it's not fair. It's not fair to me, my child, or the people who surround us. It's just not fair on so many levels, for so many people. The feelings, the grief, the anger, the acceptance, the guilt... none of them are fair and things were never supposed to be like this. Ever. Yet they are.

But this is real life, and I need to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward... which is very different from moving on. Thankfully, tomorrow is a new day.

5 comments:

Eric Botkin said...

My thoughts exactly..Thank goodness there is a tomorrow!

NL said...

Yes, very different from moving on. To me "moving on" connotes discarding the negative once and for all. Yet, whatever that negative is it can never be totally discarded it...it will always stay with us in one form or another to one degree or another. So we plod on, one foot in front of another and hope that someday our step will be lighter.

Thinking of you....

Wendy said...

I celebrate this holiday quite often

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

i think you're doing great jackie. i admire your strength. tyler is blessed to have you.

Denis White said...

Hi, I was googling on my computer
and came across Bill's passing. I was shocked and cried. I was Bill's mentor at CJ when he was training in Rancho Cucamonga. We shared some great times together. Lunch at Industry Hills Sheraton was one of them. We were asked to leave after
consuming a little too much red wine. Our trip to the Restaurant show in L.A. with Gerald Wolfe was amazing. I will miss Bill's laugh,
it was one of a kind, like Bill. Sorry for the late post. I wish you well