Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's the little things...

It's so easy to let the big things in life overshadow the little things. After all, that is why they are considered to be the BIG things. In life we all have issues that come in a variety of shapes and sizes.

Things beginning, things ending, things bought, things sold, things changing, things stagnant, things sufficient, things lacking,
things that matter, things that don't.

I have had almost two years of BIG things that have completely smothered the little things that I so greatly cherish. I started thinking about my favorite little things in life, and the immense value they all hold.

Whether it's an impromptu "I love you" from my favorite four-year-old, or flowers from a parent "just because."

It might be a perfectly timed text from a friend with only one word - "dinner?" or it could even be the excitement of wearing a new outfit.

Often it is a fresh new "cut and color," or maybe it's leaving for work in the morning without a crying child waving good-bye at the window.

It doesn't really matter what the little things are, but what does matter is how often you step back and notice them. Take the time to cherish the little things, because if they disappear, they can all too easily become the BIG things.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! WELL SAID!!!!! LOVE YA.......... I WILL BE TEXTING YOU DINNER ??? .....!!!! audrey

Unknown said...

Totally agree! Thanks for the reminder to appreciate life's simple blessings. It's so important.

Jodi said...

I totally agree! Hope you had a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!! Speaking of dinner, let's grab some soon...

Anonymous said...

I think I need to print this one out and read it daily! Thank you!!!

Jackie - You have a gift...your writing never ceases to amaze me!!

Anonymous said...

I love a fresh cut and color...Thanks for the reminder!

KB said...

Hi there, I came across your blog whilst voting in the blog contest. I love the honesty of your posts. Rememering the little things is so important especially when we are trying to get through the big things. Have a great day.