Friday, October 15, 2010

New School Year

I haven't written in over a month and don't really have any legitimate excuse.

School started. Which in our world begins a new year (not New Year's Day). I am sharing a contract this year, which means I only work Monday through Wednesday. It is the BEST schedule, and I can honestly say that I love every minute of it. It's truly the best of both worlds. The paycheck is the only part where an adjustment is necessary...

"What do you DO on your days off?" is a common question.

I definitely manage to keep myself busy running Tyler to and from school, while volunteering in his class, along with the mundane errands, the time seems to slip by rather quickly. I am hoping to go back to school to get my doctorate, but probably not until next year. I am also dabbling in the idea of getting my secondary credential which would enable me to teach junior high or high school. Sometimes it's not about what I do (or don't do) with the days off, but it's about the guilt that I do NOT feel when I need to do something for myself. That in itself is worth its weight in gold.

Tyler is playing soccer and loving it! I am still pulling for baseball... or golf... since I'm in search of a high payout which would support my early retirement dreams. ;) Soccer just won't cut it. David Beckham, he is not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd rely on getting that doctorate, good for you to have that ambition - if Tyler hits it big in a sport all the better for you.. :-)