Thursday, February 25, 2010

An Observation

For me, nothing is better than taking my contacts out, removing my make-up (or not caring about it), and rubbing my eyes. It is a rarity for me since I sleep with my contacts in and generally have make-up on during the day.

Tonight was one of those "rub your eyes until it hurts" nights.

I absolutely could not wait to rush home and let the eye-rubbing commence. It is such an amazing feeling to be able to finally rub them without worrying about make-up smearing or having a contact come out or even tear.

As with many pleasures, there is an ever so slight sting that comes with the great joy of rubbing an eye. It is hardly noticeable, yet in some ways makes me extremely grateful that I have allowed myself to not worry about the few things that naturally come when wearing contacts. It's a sting that keeps me aware and thankful that I have such delicate assistance that help me to see clearly each and every day.

You can read between the lines or take it at face value... both are accurate applications.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a sting...thanks for the reminder that even a sting helps us be aware. We do have a lot to be grateful for, don't we?