Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!

We have had a crazy few days leading up to Santa's visit. I have not had any extra time to post, since I use my "after hours" time to wrap. Luckily I signed up to help Santa this year, and Bill gets the year off. We went to my uncle's tonight and Bill did really well, despite the fatigue and pain. (He doesn't take pain meds if he wants to stay awake.) I am so excited for the morning and for Tyler to see all the fun things Santa is bringing him. We have a crazy day tomorrow, but I (and our families) have given him a free pass to ditch the festivities if need be.

I think it is safe to say that it is universally a crazy time of year! I am again losing the Mother of the Year award for 2008. (Thankfully, there is only one week left.) It is now 10pm and both the boys are sound asleep, so it is too late for a reprieve. I forgot to have Tyler leave out cookies and milk for Santa! I even have special reindeer food for the lawn and I spaced that too! In my defense, I didn't "talk up" the cookies and milk tradition, so he doesn't know we skipped it... at least I am consistently forgetful! I am going to try to make it past January 2nd, before losing the nomination this year. :)

2 comments:

NL said...

HI Jackie, Christ is in your heart...that is what is important. (Santa needs to shed those few extra pounds anyway! :) ) Have a warm, loving and beautiful Christmas Day! Nancy

Todd said...

Tyler is Jackie's son.

Jackie was also afraid Santa would come back to her room and she didn't want any part of that!

Santa is a scary dude for the little ones.

But they never encountered a giant Mr. Peanut!

Now that is scary!